I want to grow up and live in a small apartment in new york and have a husky and be with you.
- Intimacy. Hold my waist. Stroke my neck. Kiss my forehead. Hold my hand.
- Maturity. Patience is amazing. A prize will come to you when the time is right. Its called falling in love. Waiting is hard. But worth it.
- Honesty. I don’t care what you’ve done. I care about what you will do in the future. Be honest with me, I’ll be honest with you.
- Care. Because not many people give a crap about anything anymore.
i hate getting close to people because then they realize i’m a piece of shit
1. My name; I want to hear it stumble out of your lips like the first steps of a child. I want you to roll each letter around your mouth— taste each syllable, suck it clean of its meaning — before letting it falter off your tongue.
2. Your fears; when you’re sober, you say you have none. We both know that’s bullshit.
3. Your first heartbreak; the way you were clawing shards of her words out of your skin for months after she left you. You didn’t wear your heart on your sleeve, you ripped it out of your chest and set it, barely beating, in her palms.
From every other angle, you seem whole, but from here I can see your cracks. I’ll seal them with honey but I wont stitch them back together, you’re even more beautiful this way.
4. What keeps you up at night; I want to know how many fireflies you think light up in heaven— I want to know if you really believe a place like that exists, or if its just what bankrupt souls tell themselves to keep from losing the spare change jingling in their back pocket. How there are more coins in the world than there is humanity.
5. Your mumbling; a shipwreck of sounds against my neck, I could float off to sea on a lifeboat made of your voice.
6. Love; I want to know if you think its possible to unravel yourself and leave nothing behind but a needle and thread to piece you back together. Or if the stardust in our veins have condemned us to orbit what we need most, never close enough to touch, forever chasing our desires.
7. Your breathing; inhale- butterflies spreading your lungs like wings, waiting to catch flight - exhale- all the words that got caught under your tongue, leaving the taste of regret like cheap wine staining your throat.
8. Your laughter; I want to feel it seep through my skin so I can wear it like last years perfume. I’ll hide your smile like bottles of vodka stashed under my bed— I could get drunk from either but nothing can intoxicate me like your lips.
9. Your voice; like rushing water, forcing its way into my cracks. I’ll throw away my umbrella if its you who can turn my bones into flower petals when it rains.
10. Nothing; I want to feel your heartbeat on my fingertips, rising and falling like the tide. I want your warmth flooding the curve of my hips, I want to taste questions in your collarbone and whisper answers back in your ear. I used to be scared by the vastness of space but I see the universe in your eyes and I swear I wouldn’t think twice before drowning in those.
I burned a cigarette into my skin
To punish myself for letting you in
But I did not feel any pain
All it left was a mark, a stain
And it washed away with soap
Along with any semblance of hope
That my soul, mind, or body would recover
Love is one of those things that you discover
When you are young
And your heart is yet to be stung
When you’re older it’s a thing you miss
Being able to recover from a kiss
Now I stand here broken
Six months since we’ve spoken
And try as I might I can’t forget
And as much as I want I can’t regret
One single fucking minute spent with you
I’ve turned to the bottle, what else could I do?
I just hope that you’re happy, wherever you are
And that you think of me sometimes
When you lie under the stars.